Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Birds like little Jewels

Just thought I'd add a few pics of the wonderful birds and water falls we saw on our recent trip to Sarapique and Monteverde

 
This would be a Scarlet-rumped Tanager



 
This lil  guy a Golden-hooded Tanager, Now stay with us I'm going to be testing you in this. Says he with the bird reference book in hand.


Not a great picture of a Red-legged Honeycreeper

  
  
A couple of pics of Mrs Scarlet-rumped Tanager feeling a bit left out with all the brightly coloured males 
strutting their stuff


A Blue-Gray Tanager


  
  
 and probably my favorite a Green Honeycreeper, his feathers just glistened in the early morning sun



  

This Wood Thrush was fluttering in the underbrush wanting some attention  wondering what all the fuss was about


Now we fast forward a few days to Playa Montezuma, on the South coast of the Nicoya peninsula

 
Ferry over to Paquara on the Nicoya peninsula
That's our truck the dirty one far right after our venture through the earthquake zone

  
Stow away's


Come on give us a chip and I promise not to poop on you




                                          
                                          Just after sunset, Joan's taking pictures I'm having a beer

  
 

I credit these pictures to Joan, once in a lifetime shot, I'm taking pics of the waterfall and Joan points out the Bare-Throated Tiger Heron. I get so excited that.........wait for it ........

 
I fall flat on my arse, the tripod goes awol and my expensive zoom lens is now demolished ...but it does take a picture before it smashes to the ground.....gee thanks!

  
OK not to be phased by the mishap, I have other lenses. Its time to soldier on to the next Waterfall down


I'll just catch my breath, boy that water looks ever so inviting


Was it worth it, you be the judge


That's my Joanie she ain't comin down here, 'are you friggin nuts'


OK it's time 



Ahhh wonderful ...but wait their is another fall below this ......


Hmm... should I climb down here, nope Joan is  not too happy right now, 'get your fat arse back up here ya loonie'

No comments:

Post a Comment